Michigan auto insurance laws have changed, giving drivers more choices. That can be unclear, but it is good for individual drivers. It is now easier to find a plan that suits your personal needs and lifestyle. If you are in the area of Clarkston, MI, The Ryan Insurance Agency can help you navigate the new rules and answer any questions you have. You can design an insurance policy uniquely tailored to what you want.
What Is PIP Coverage?
PIP Protection covers any medical bills you receive due to an auto accident. The coverage also includes the other related expenses from the injuries, such as rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and anything directly related.
Levels of PIP Coverage
There are six basic levels of PIP Protection:
- Unlimited coverage — Unlimited coverage costs more but will reduce your out-of-pocket costs if you are involved in a personal injury accident.
- Up to $500,000 in coverage — This limit is $500,000 per person per covered accident. You or your health insurance will owe anything over that limit.
- Up to $250,000 in coverage — Again, you are responsible for anything over the limit.
- Up to $250,000 in coverage with certain exclusions — This is when certain family members can opt out.
- Up to $50,000 in coverage — This is only possible with proof of Medicaid.
- Option out of PIP coverage — Some people with proof of Medicare can opt out of PIP as part of their auto insurance.
It would be best if you didn’t have to pay for more protection than you need. At the same time, you don’t want to come up short when protecting yourself in case of an accident. If you’re going to discuss your Clarkston, MI auto insurance policy, please call The Ryan Insurance Agency today.